March 25, 2012

Ingenuity

One remarkable feature of the game dev world is the ability to literally bring anything and everything to the table. Not only experience and knowledge but pure unadulterated fantasy as well. While other mediums have tried to do this as well they're missing a critical connectivity with the audience for complete immersion. Movies are too short and tend to be restricted in physical means a majority of the time, while books lack fast pace and generally leave the visuals to the imagination leading to multiple interpretations conveying a vague sense of the story rather than a complete and specific picture. The ability to blend anything together brings about creative scenarios never before imagined and is rewarding in so many ways.

On the subject of concept art I still didn't receive the letter which makes me very nervous. On monday I'll have to start tracking it down if it doesn't show up. Meanwhile I'll direct you to the new page tab up top. This is my crowdsource tab, anything you want to contribute or if you want to help fill a role / open position this helps you do that. It's still in progress though for now it'll at least give you an idea of what I'm looking for.

6 comments:

  1. So very true. Good luck on the art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow some interesting roles you have available...personally I think I lack the experience you're looking for..but I'll keep an eye on it in case I can lend a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess games are some sort of interactive story where you can actually play as the main character.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the wait, I'm hoping for a job that I applied for in Feb, results are out in April and its killing me.

    ReplyDelete